Image Map

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

20 Weeks!

How are we HALFWAY already?? I am freaking out because we have so so much to do. I can't believe in 4 months we are going to have this tiny baby in our arms! I am equal parts terrified and excited. We had our 20 week ultrasound this morning and it was amazing! Baby boy was moving all over the place! He kept putting his arm over his head, so the tech started shaking my belly to try and get him to move it. He must have wanted to keep sleeping because he took his little arm and smacked me, and then put it right back over his face!
The ultrasound tech said that everything looks perfect and he's weighing in at 13 ounces-almost a pound! The sad part is that we won't have anymore ultrasounds. It's going to be so hard to go 4 months without seeing him!

How far along? 20 Weeks, 1 day.
Total weight gain/loss: I think I've gained about 1.5 lbs so far.
Stretch marks? No, but my belly is super itchy all the time now. I guess it's growing!
Sleep: It's getting harder to get comfortable. I can only imagine how it will be when I"m huge. Naps after work are currently my favorite thing.
Best moment this week: Our ultrasound this morning! We got to see a 3D image of his face and it was incredible. My mom and sister also got to feel him kick! And tonight we actually saw my belly moving from the outside, which was crazy!
Miss Anything? Sleeping through the night. Guess I should get used to that!
Food cravings: Cranberry Peach juice from Whole Foods. Honey Nut Cheerios.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing new right now. Chicken is the most disgusting thing on the planet.
Have you started to show yet: Yes! I'm loving this little bump!
Gender prediction: He's all boy!
Aches & Pains: Round ligament pains. Holy cow. The first time they hit me, I thought my appendix had burst.
Belly Button in or out? In, but it's shallower.
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: I'm not moody, but my fuse is so much shorter.
Weekly Wisdom: Just stop listening to people who are negative. Everyone has something to say (which is fine- I will listen to your advice, I just may not take it) and they have even more to say if it's something they don't agree with or didn't do. NEWSFLASH- Everyone and every baby is different. First time mamas are terrified enough and the last thing they need is someone questioning the decisions they've made for their baby. I can't tell you how many times I've heard "Oh, you're using cloth diapers? You don't want to do that." Or "Don't buy him clothes, you'll get plenty given to you." And the list goes on. Let me tell you-- Yes, I'm planning on cloth diapers. We may end up hating them and if we do, we'll go buy disposables. But for now, I think it's best to try cloth. I'm also buying him clothes. Because he's my first baby and I'm excited and because I CAN. If I end up with a ton I won't use, I will sell them/donate them/keep them for baby #2. These are my decisions and you don't get to make me feel stupid or feel like a bad mama because of the things I'm doing.
Whew. End rant. Told you. Short fuse.
Looking forward to: So many things! Starting the nursery, feeling more kicks, finalizing a name.


 photo casa-sig_zps65cf4dc9.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment