Image Map

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

24 Weeks!

We are 24 weeks this week! How in the world are we 6 months in?? When I say 24 weeks I don't really feel like that's very far, but the minute you start talking months it takes on a whole new meaning! If little man is on time, we will be meeting him in about 3.5 months. That's insane!
I'm still super uncomfortable and I'm sure that it's only going to get worse from here on out. I find myself getting out of breath taking the stairs and am so tired I can't keep my eyes open. I finally broke down and made an appointment to see the chiropractor. I'm scared to go, but my back hurts so bad I'm willing to try it.
I think I've finally hit the nesting phase. It seems like every time I look around my house I see a closet that needs to be cleaned out, a baseboard to be scrubbed, or something else that isn't clean. Last week I went through every closet and cabinet in our house and cleared out a ton of junk that we didn't need. We had a yard sale last weekend and managed to get rid of a ton of crap AND make enough money to buy the ceiling fan, door knobs, outlet covers, curtain rods, and a few other odds and ends we still needed for the nursery. Being paid for other people carting our junk away? I'll take it!
Little man is moving all over the place. He's most active in the morning and right after dinner. He's still pretty content to stay below my belly button, but every now and then he'll stretch out and I'll feel him higher up. He hates when I put a seat belt on and will kick until I loosen it. I guess he already has an attitude!

How far along? 24 weeks, 1 day.
Total weight gain/loss: I'm not sure. I need to invest in a better scale because the one I have seems off. I really don't think I've gained 10 pounds in the last week!
Stretch marks? No, still just super itchy.
Sleep: Sleep is crap. No amount of pillows helps. I think it's just preparing me for the months after the baby is born. Yay.
Best moment this week: Putting headphones on my belly and watching baby boy kick where ever the music was playing.
Miss Anything? Sleep. Being able to sit/stand/breathe/exist without my back hurting.
Food cravings: Toast with butter and sugar on it. Glazed doughnuts. All kinds of fruit- watermelon, pineapple, nectarines, & cherries. Kashi Toasted Berry Crumble cereal. So maybe I have gained 10 pounds...
Anything making you queasy or sick: I think my prenatal vitamins are starting to make me sick.
Have you started to show yet: Yep. This belly feels huge. I can't see under my belly button, so I walked around with food on my belly for a while the other day before someone was nice enough to tell me.
Gender: Boy!
Aches & Pains: All the back pain. All the calf spasms.
Belly Button in or out? In, but barely!
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Zero patience. Really cranky.
Weekly Wisdom: I feel like the wisdom will come when the baby does. And even then I don't think it's wisdom. I think it's just making it up as you go and deciding what works best.
Looking forward to: Going to Nationals this weekend with my LDF family.


 photo casa-sig_zps65cf4dc9.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment