Image Map

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

31 Weeks!

Baby Crossen is 31 weeks this week! We are now in the single digits- only 9 weeks to go! It's so weird thinking that in 9 weeks (less if he decides to come early!) David and I are going to be parents. I know that our whole lives are going to be turned upside down and I am so excited/scared/nervous all at the same time. I absolutely can't wait to meet this little man. I'm so excited to get to know him and to discover what kind of person he is. David and I talk about it all the time. Will he have David's patience or will he have his mama's quick temper? Will he love to read or would he rather be running up and down the basketball court? I know that we have a long way to go for all of that, but I think it's going to be one of the best parts about being a parent.
We had a checkup last Friday and baby boy is doing fine. My doctor did say that I'm measuring on the bigger side. He's going to monitor it and if he still thinks I'm on the larger side at 36 weeks, they'll do a sizing ultrasound and then make a decision from there. This girl does NOT want to be induced or have a c-section, so I'm a little worried. I know that the end result is a healthy mom and baby, but I really hope that I can get there without interventions.
The nursery and baby bathroom are coming along. There's still plenty to do, but it's slowly getting there. I feel like we rarely have time to actually work on things and I really think if one more person tells me that we have plenty of time, I may scream or punch them. First, 9 weeks is not that long. Second, little man could come early. Having someone tell me that "he won't notice if the bathroom isn't finished," or something else along those lines, does not help. I want everything finished, regardless of whether or not baby will notice. I'm starting to think that my mom and I are the only people who realize this kiddo could come early.

How far along? 31 weeks, 1 day.
Total weight gain/loss: I started out at 146, lost 3 pounds and am now up to 166.
Stretch marks? 2 on my legs. :(
Sleep: It's been kind of awful lately. I just can't get comfortable. I've tried pillows, I've tried sleeping on the couch, I've tried sleeping while sitting up. It's just hard to breathe and the restless legs make it even worse.
Best moment this week: Working on the bathroom with my mama. I don't know what I would do without her! Also, baby has been moving like crazy and he responds when I play him music or poke him. As much as I want him here, I think I'm going to miss feeling him kicking around in there!
Miss Anything? I thought of a really good one earlier and now I can't remember. Speaking of which, I miss my memory. I can't remember anything these days.
Food cravings: Ice. I just like to crunch it.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Just getting all the heartburn. Even toast at breakfast gave me heartburn.
Worst moment this week: Not getting any sleep for 3 days straight. It was awful.
Gender: Boy!
Aches & Pains: Restless arms and legs. Leg cramps and calf spasms. Also, baby boy has decided that he likes to be breech and likes to kick me in the cervix. TMI, sorry- but it hurts!
Belly Button in or out? It hasn't popped out yet, but it's mostly gone.
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Not moody, but I just have zero patience. I can't deal with people. I have no filter and it's going to get me in trouble.
Weekly Wisdom: When people say rude things to you (Like telling you how fat you look), call them out on it. This is probably bad advice, but it makes me feel better. lol
Looking forward to: Our IKEA trip to pick up little man's bookcase!


 photo casa-sig_zps65cf4dc9.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment