Image Map

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

32 Weeks!

Baby Crossen is 32 weeks this week! I think I'm finally starting to lose some of the steam that I've had the past couple of weeks. It's really frustrating to have a million things to do on your lists but not be able to get through half of them before you're exhausted and hurting. We went to IKEA on Saturday and picked up the bookcase for the nursery. After walking around for 2.5 hours this mama had had enough. I paid for it the next day too and could barely make it off the couch. I did manage to get his nursery in order though after David put the bookcase together. All of his clothes are washed and put away, everything is hung on the walls, the books and baskets are on the bookcase...It's finally looking almost finished! I have to finish sewing the crib skirt and foot stool, and find a few more odds and ends, and then it'll be complete! I can't wait until he's here so I can show everyone pictures of it! His name is above his crib, so I can't share pictures yet. Now I just need to finish his bathroom and we'll be set! Well, on the baby room front anyway. Don't get me started on the rest of our house.
I can't believe I complained about being uncomfortable earlier on in my pregnancy. It doesn't even touch how I'm feeling now and I'm sure it's only going to get worse from here on out. Sitting makes my legs restless, lying down is uncomfortable because my belly is huge and baby boy hates when I'm on my side, walking/sitting/doing anything really makes my back hurt, and sleep is not happening at the moment. I know it will be worth it in the end, but I'm feeling super whiny about it right now.
We had a doula meeting tonight and I always enjoy them. It's nice to talk to other moms to be and learn more about the whole birthing process. I need to start writing out our birth preferences/plan soon. There's so much to think about! It's nice to have a group of people who are so supportive of the decisions we are making for our son and his birth, even if they aren't what they would have chosen themselves. I feel so much better knowing that Jenni (our doula) will be there with me (along with David, my mom, and my sister).

How far along? 32 weeks, 1 day.
Total weight gain/loss: We'll find out at our check up tomorrow.
Stretch marks? Just on the inside of my legs, which makes no sense.
Sleep: Ha. Little man is definitely giving me a taste of what life is going to be like once he's here. I don't think I've slept in a few days.
Best moment this week: Folding all of his little clothes and getting his room ready for him!
Miss Anything? Being comfortable. I know that I'm going to miss feeling all his little kicks and movements once he's here, but right now all I can think about is being able to breathe and lie down again.
Food cravings: The lemonade craving is back. I'm still wanting ice. And just yesterday I've started loving Kettle Corn.
Anything making you queasy or sick: The heat. This humidity is awful and makes me super nauseous.
Worst moment this week: Painting our bathroom. There's drywall dust and sawdust everywhere from the construction, so it was a mess just trying to prep the room to paint. I also had to spend almost 3 hours removing wallpaper and fixing spots in the wall with drywall. Not a fun job to do when you're super fat and uncomfortable, but it had to be done and David wasn't able to be home to do it.
Gender: Boy!
Aches & Pains: Same as usual. Calf spasms, restless legs, awful lower back and rib pain, lightning bolt kicks to the cervix...It's fun times up in here.
Belly Button in or out? It hasn't popped out yet, but it's mostly gone.
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Moody. And cranky. I've just gotten to the point where I don't care and everything seems pointless unless it's related to our baby, especially at work. It's hard for me to really care about whiny students who didn't drop their classes in time. I'm just focused on my little man and wanting to meet him.
Weekly Wisdom: I'm out. My brain is tired, I have no wisdom at the moment. lol
Looking forward to: This isn't baby related, but I'm looking forward to dance starting back this week. I've missed my kiddos and I can't wait to see them!


 photo casa-sig_zps65cf4dc9.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment