Image Map

Thursday, September 18, 2014

34 Weeks!!

Baby Crossen is 34 weeks this week! I am running way behind with the blog this week, which should tell you exactly how hectic it's been around here! There are so many odds and ends to get finished before this baby gets here. Every time I mark something off my list, I think of 5 other things to replace it. It's especially hard to be motivated because I'm exhausted by the time I get home from work and just want to go to sleep.
My mom and I hit up this amazing consignment sale over the weekend. I've had a few people tell me that getting second-hand baby things is weird/gross, but let me tell you-- most baby things are outgrown before they have a chance to ruin them. Why not take advantage of gently used cheap things?? Don't get me wrong, I love buying him new things and I won't be buying used carseats and bottle nipples, but an almost brand new baby swing for $45? Yes, please! I'm pretty proud of our haul:
Baby swing, 2 Chicco baby carriers, a sling, 8 burp cloths, 10 new Advent bottles, 4 Dr. Brown bottles, a seat, 6 bibs, 4 blankets, 2 hats, a new mattress pad, 10 pairs of socks, 2 hats, 25 pieces of clothing, and some toys for the grand total of $180.
That's not even counting the stuff that my mom got us. I think she got a bouncy seat, 2 or 3 nursing covers, new breast milk storage containers, blankets, swaddles, and who knows what else! She and my sister are going to spoil this little boy for sure.
We have a checkup tomorrow and I'm anxious to see what the doctor has to say about Little Man. He's been lying sideways for the past week and doesn't seem to be in any hurry to flip around. Although I don't think he's dropped at all (he's still comfy up by my ribs!), my belly does look lower. We're scheduled for our ultrasound on the 3rd, but I'm kind of hoping that he'll move it up. Our OB goes on vacation in 2 weeks, so I'm terrified/convinced that baby will decide to come then.
Even though he's not trying to flip around, he's been rolling and moving like crazy. I love watching my belly move up and down!

How far along? 34 weeks, 3 days.
Total weight gain/loss: Not sure. We'll find out tomorrow at our checkup.
Stretch marks? Still just a few on the inside of my legs. My belly is itching like crazy though.
Sleep: Sleep is still bad. There's no getting comfortable.
Best moment this week: My dance kiddos and the amazing studio that I work for threw us a baby shower! It's a great feeling knowing that he has all these awesome people in his life who love him already.
Miss Anything? Sleeping on my stomach. Or just sleeping, really. Being able to choreograph and move without hurting. Going more than 30 minutes without having to pee. Public restrooms are gross. :(
Food cravings: Chocolate Milk!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Well, all I could think about all week was making beef stew in my crock pot. Once I made it and tried to eat it today, I couldn't even stand the smell long enough to try it.
Worst moment this week: Work. Not dance, dance is great. But my other job. I'm just ready for maternity leave. I can't be bothered to deal with students and their complaints. I just want to get things ready for my baby.
Gender: Boy!
Aches & Pains: Still having the B/H contractions. I pulled a muscle right under my belly during the second trimester and it decided to flare up again this week. My lower back and feet have been killing me too.
Belly Button in or out? It's completely flat and the top has started to poke out.
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Zero patience.
Weekly Wisdom: Ignoring people is key. "You don't need all that baby stuff." "Why would you spend money on that?" "Oh you're having this done/not having that done?" Just ignore it all. Do what you want for yourself and your baby and forget about other people.
Looking forward to: Our checkup tomorrow. We're getting down to the wire! It's crazy thinking he could be here any time now!


 photo casa-sig_zps65cf4dc9.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment