Image Map

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

39 Weeks!

Baby Crossen is 39 weeks this week! I know that we still have a week to go, but I find myself getting more discouraged every day that passes without Little Man deciding to make his grand entrance. I know I will miss being pregnant but at this moment, I'm so over it. I'm tired, nervous, excited, terrified, and every other emotion all rolled into one. I'm just so ready to meet our little boy!
We had an appointment yesterday for a membrane sweep. I was really optimistic that it was going to work and get this labor kick started, but so far nothing has happened. We did find out that I dilated another centimeter since last Friday, so I'm at a 3. The doctor said that everything is looking good and my body is doing what it's supposed to do, so basically we're just waiting on this stubborn little boy to decide he's ready!
I think one of the hardest things right now (besides the waiting) is dealing with everyone's questions. I know that people mean well, but I can only hear "Wow, are you still pregnant?" and "Why don't you just tell him to hurry up?" so many times before I feel like snapping. I also don't think that being pregnant means that you have to tell everyone every little thing that's going on with your body. I share some things here on the blog, but that's my choice. Why do people feel like it's ok to ask you how often you're going to the bathroom and what the state of your cervix is?
I think I had a mini panic attack the other day when I realized that we are going to have a baby any day now. I am so so excited for him to be here, but I think it's only natural to be a little terrified of being a parent. There are times when I worry about how I'll feel once he's here and it's not just me and David any more. We're both worried about messing things up and doing something wrong. I know that all of that is natural, but it's still scary!

How far along? 39 weeks, 2 days.
Total weight gain/loss: About 32 lbs.
Sleep: It's been a little better the past few nights, but it's still not super comfortable. Getting up to go to the bathroom every hour and feeling a baby kick you in the ribs all night doesn't make for a great night's sleep.
Best moment this week: Hearing that everything is good with the baby and that my body is doing what it's supposed to do to get ready for him to come!
Miss Anything? The usual- sleep & being comfortable. I also want the world's biggest glass of orange juice. I can't wait for this heartburn to go away!
Food cravings: I'm not really having any specific cravings, but I've been loving sweets of all kinds right now. Cookies, ice cream, lemonade, chocolate...I want it all.
Anything making you queasy or sick: I was really nauseous on Sunday, but I think that it was from lack of sleep.
Belly Button: It's sticking out! Must mean he's finished cooking!
Worst moment this week: The membrane sweep. I was so convinced that it was going to work right away and when it didn't, I got super discouraged.
Labor Signs: TMI ahead-fair warning. 3 cm dilated, still about 50% effaced, and started losing the mucous plug a day or two ago. The Braxton-Hicks are still around, but they're not nearly as frequent.
Aches & Pains: Lots of rib pain from a certain little boy's feet! I also had the world's worst headache last night. I felt like my eyes were going to explode out of my head.
Wedding rings on or off? On, but I'm about to take them off because my fingers are swollen.
Happy or Moody most of the time: All the feelings, all the time. I'm also cranky. I don't feel like talking to people about how far along I am and why he's not here yet.
Weekly Wisdom: As hard as it is, don't get discouraged when things don't progress like you want them to. I know that he'll be here when he's ready, but it's really hard to wait.
Looking forward to: Meeting our little man!


 photo casa-sig_zps65cf4dc9.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment