Image Map

Thursday, December 11, 2014

6 weeks!

Sawyer turned 6 weeks old last Friday. That means in less than 2 weeks he will be 2 months old. I can't fathom that! There are still times when I can't believe we actually have a baby, much less that that baby will be 2 months old next week!


In the past 2 weeks, we've seen a complete turn around in terms of the stomach pains he was having. If we're friends on Facebook, then you've probably seen that I am on a no dairy/wheat/egg/soy/rice/fish diet. Since stopping all of those foods, Sawyer has gotten so much better. He still has a lot of gas, but it's nowhere near as bad as it was. I have to stay on the diet for a few more weeks, then we'll start adding foods back in to see what he's allergic to.

The diet really sucks, if I'm being completely honest. Practically every food on the planet has soy in it or is manufactured around soy. The no gluten thing wouldn't be an issue except that everything that is gluten free has rice in it. I've been eating pepperoni (disgusting, I know), sweet potato chips, the one kind of Lara Bar that is safe, chicken, and veggies. Not the most balanced diet in the world. It's amazing the will power that you have when your baby is counting on you, though. It would be so easy to throw in the towel and just give him formula, but he deserves better than that. He hates when I have to supplement with formula and the week that we had to give him nothing but the formula was awful. Fingers crossed that we'll be able to figure out what it is that was making him feel awful!

This past week has been a challenge in terms of sleep. Usually Sawyer sleeps in 2 or 3 hour chunks. This past week he's barely been sleeping. At night, he'll sleep from about midnight to 2, but then he'll stay up for hours after. During the day, I'll get him to sleep and he'll wake up about 10 minutes later. He's been freaking out if I put him down. Not only does he want to be held all the time right now, but he doesn't want you to sit while holding him. He wants you to stand and sway or bounce with him. That's why I've been writing this post since Monday! I've heard that at 6 weeks they tend to go through a bit of a sleep regression. I hope it doesn't last. Mama needs some sleep!

While I'm on the subject of sleeping, we've discovered that one of the easiest ways to get him to fall asleep is to turn the bath water on full force and stand beside the tub. He loves the noise and normally he's out within 1-5 minutes. A waste of water, yes. But totally worth it if it gets him to sleep!

David went back to work on Monday. It's been a bit of a challenge to be home alone with the baby all day. It's hard to not have someone to pass him off to when I need a break. It wouldn't be so bad, but because he's in this clingy phase I can't put him down. Even though it's tiring, I'm trying to enjoy every minute of it. I know that it will be no time before he doesn't want me to hold him or need me to rock him to sleep.

Despite the rough patch that we're in, our past week has been full of lots of cute stuff from Little Man. He is smiling all the time. He loves when I sit him on my knees and play patty cake with his hands. He also loves when I tickle his lip and make silly noises. He opens his mouth really wide and smiles so big! I cannot wait until he starts laughing! He also loves looking at lights. We put our Christmas tree up and he loves to stare at it. He also loves bath time! I'll prop him up on his little bath seat, but he always scoots down to the bottom of it so that he can dangle his foot in the water. If I scoot him back up, he'll just scoot right back down again.

I'm really looking forward to Christmas this year. I know that he is too little to understand or remember what's going on, but I'm still excited. I can't wait to start new traditions with him! We took him to visit Santa and were fully prepared for him to either sleep through the photo or scream the whole time. Imagine our surprise when he broke out into a huge grin for the photographer...and then spit up in Santa's beard.

I feel like he's growing so fast and doing something new everyday. I can't wait to see what he starts doing these next few weeks!

 photo casa-sig_zps65cf4dc9.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment