Image Map

Sunday, August 23, 2015

What Sawyer's Eating- Cherry, Raspberry, and Banana Puree

I had originally planned to share my recipe for the beef stew I made for Sawyer today, but decided to share one of the things I made this morning, instead.

Sawyer is at an in between stage with foods at the moment. He still eats purees, but he also loves to pick things up and feed himself. I typically give him a puree of some kind in the morning, a puree and a finger food at lunch, and pieces of whatever we are eating for dinner.

We are also experimenting with yogurt. If you've been reading my posts, then you know all about our supposed issues with dairy. I am still dairy free, but I gave Sawyer yogurt a few weeks ago. We thought that he had a reaction, but it was actually teething and a cold, so I tried it again a few days ago. So far so good!

We try to eat as organically as possible in our house. Some things we go conventional on, but dairy is one of the things that must be organic. We get the organic, plain, full-fat greek yogurt from Whole Foods. If you've ever had plain greek yogurt, it's not amazing. I refuse to give him the yogurt marketed for kids, as it's full of sugar. The kinds that come with fruit in the bottom are pretty bad, as well. So I make fruit purees to mix in with his yogurt.



This puree is actually really good! I had to stop myself from eating all of it. It takes all of 5 minutes to prep and 10 minutes to make. I found it on BabyFoode. She included cinnamon in hers, but I left it out of mine. This woman has amazing ideas!

Ingredients

2 bananas, chopped
1 cup of raspberries
1/2 cup of pitted cherries (I used frozen)
Steam everything together for 10 minutes. Puree in food processor until desired consistency is reached. If needed, use some of the reserved steaming water to thin.

I let it cool, then portioned it into 1oz servings in an ice cube tray. Once they were set, I transfered to freezer bags. In the mornings, I thaw one cube and add it to Little Man's yogurt!





 photo casa-sig_zps65cf4dc9.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment