Image Map

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

10 months!

My baby is 10 months old today. My little, teeny baby is a standing, almost crawling, babbling little boy. Excuse me while I cry.



He has finally started attempting to crawl. He can't crawl yet, but he has started scooting/army crawling around these past few days. He cracks me up because he hates it, so he just cries while he scoots around. He can pull to stand now, but he's super lazy and gets mad if I don't help him. It's pretty exhausting, too, because he wants to use me to pull up all the time. He is into everything. He can have a million toys on the floor, but he will go for the cats, the wipes container, the crumbs, the trash can...anything he's not supposed to have! I'm also realizing how disgusting our house is. I feel like we just can't keep it clean enough!

He is still stuck on tooth #7. I don't think it's ever going to come through! This mama is so over teething. He can get by with just 6 teeth, right?

He still loves going to music class. His favorites are the shaker eggs and the big red maracas! He's a pretty reserved baby when it comes to other people, but I think he's finally starting to open up and it's fun to see him interact with the other babies. He loves story time at Joseph Beth, but his favorite part is when story time is over and we go feed the ducks. He could stand and watch them forever. He has started saying "duck" and "quack," but it's hit or miss.

He loves listening to Elmo songs. His favorites are the Usher and Elmo ABC song, the Wil. i . am & Sesame Street song, and the Elmo & Taye Diggs car song. He loves our cats, which is good...but it drives me nuts because he doesn't know how to pet gently yet. So if he grabs them before I can stop him, he ends up with handfuls of fur. He loves touch and feel books, puppet books, and the Little Blue Truck books.

We took him to the aquarium this past weekend. He was really tired, but he still loved it. He kicked his legs and bounced and pressed his face up to the glass. I can't wait to take him again when he's a little older.

This kiddo is such a good eater. We do a mix of homemade purees and pieces of soft food. He's had a ton of different fruits and vegetables. He's also had turkey, chicken, beef, and salmon. Some of his favorites are asparagus, roasted pears and bananas, blueberries, scrambled eggs with spinach, and salmon. So far the only things he doesn't like are red peppers and kiwi. He is so silly when he eats. If he doesn't feel like feeding himself, he will lean over the tray and pick it up with his mouth instead of his fingers.

He is such a sweet little man. He gives me hugs and these super sloppy kisses, which are the best things ever. He also tries to tickle me. If he's eating and you ask for a bite, he'll share. We go outside every day when it's time for David to come home. When Sawyer sees him pull in the driveway, he gets so excited. His legs start going and he starts grinning from ear to ear. It's so fun to watch. He still LOVES playing guitar with his daddy. I can't wait until he's old enough to learn how to play for real.

Everything is going so fast and I'm so afraid of forgetting it. I want to remember how he plays with his hair when he falls asleep, how he scrunches his eyes shut and smiles, the way he whispers when he's feeling silly. How his giggles turn to happy screams when I tickle his thighs and collar bone. The feeling when he buries his head in my neck when he's feeling shy. The moments he stops nursing and looks up at me and smiles. How he grabs my face and gives me these big sloppy kisses. The way his hair curls in the front. The way he always has to hold on to the lotion bottle while I'm getting him dressed after his bath. When he rolls over and grabs onto my shirt in his sleep. These are just a few of the things that I want to bottle up and keep in my memory forever.

These past 10 months have been exhausting. He still doesn't sleep very well. He still wants me more than anyone else. But they have also been the best 10 months of my life. He is everything. He's the most entertaining, loving, funny person I have ever met in my life. I've said it before and I'll say it a million more-- I am so lucky I am his mama!!



 photo casa-sig_zps65cf4dc9.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment