Image Map

Thursday, August 27, 2015

What Sawyer's Eating: Plum, Blueberry, & Spinach Pureé

This pureé is one of Sawyer's favorites. He'll eat it on its own or mixed into yogurt for breakfast. I've also given him a frozen cube in a mesh feeder to help with teething. It was a super messy hit! I love it because I can hide spinach in it-- always a success in my book.



My two favorite things about pureés are that they are completely customizable and really low maintenance. If you don't have spinach, you could sub out another leafy green. I've also used peaches in place of the plums and he loved it just as much. If you think you don't have time to make pureéd baby food, just give it a try. You literally chop the fruits/veggies, go play with your kiddo while they're steaming/cooking, and then dump them in the blender/food processor.

Ingredients:

4 plums, peeled, pitted, and chopped

1 cup of blueberries (I used frozen)

1 handful of spinach

In a small saucepan, heat plums on medium low heat for about 10 minutes. Add in blueberries and spinach, cover, and cook for 10 more minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to the food processor. Pulse until combined. If needed, add some of the reserved cooking liquid until desired consistency is reached.

Let cool, then transfer to ice cube trays and freeze.



 photo casa-sig_zps65cf4dc9.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment