Image Map

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

11 Months!

Sawyer Penn is 11 months old today! I'm pretty sure I'm in a state of disbelief. There is no way this kiddo is one month away from his first birthday. I look at him and don't see a tiny baby anymore. He's a sweet, smiling, happy little boy.



This kid has personality for days. When he's happy, he's all smiles and squeals. He yells at the top of his lungs and bounces when he gets excited. When he's mad he's not shy about letting you know it.

He finally started crawling just after he turned 10 months. Now he's constantly on the move. He's pulling up, but only when he feels like it. He'd much rather wait until someone picks him up! The past few days I've been letting go of his hands and he's able to stand up for a few seconds on his own. I'm not sure that I'm ready for a walker, though!

He says 7 words: mama, dada, cat, quack, yuck, woof, and go go go. He knows what cat means and he always says "woof" when he hears the neighbor's dogs bark, but he doesn't really know what the other words mean yet.

Teeth 7 & 8 finally came through last week! I gave him an apple to chew on and looked in his mouth and they had popped through! I'm so over teething! 8 down, how many more to go??

We moved his crib back into his room a few days ago. I think that I may be part of the reason he's up so much at night. So far he's had a few stretches that were 2-3 hours, but nothing super remarkable. I'll take 2 hours over every 30 minutes though! Baby steps. I'm hoping he figures it out soon because we're all exhausted.

Right now some of his favorite things are riding in his push car, being outside, dancing to the Doc McStuffins theme song, playing on the floor in his closet (with the doors open, obviously), his little cars, and playing in water. He loves when I give him a few bowls and some water to splash in. I'm pretty sure he'd play in water all day if I let him. He is obsessed with lights. He's just figured out how to point to things the past few weeks and he points to all the ceiling lights and gets mad when he can't touch them. He also likes helping me flip the light switches off when we leave rooms.

We've added a few new foods to his diet. He loves peanut butter and mandarin oranges. I made a curried soup the other night that he went crazy for. He also loves pot roast, beans of any kind, and cheese. His favorites are anything green: avocado, asparagus, broccoli, peas, and green beans. The only think I can't get him to eat these days are eggs. I'm not sure what changed. He used to love them, but now he refuses.

I've started planning his birthday party. I'm so excited! I've always loved planning events and parties and it's even more fun when it's for your own kiddo! We are going to have a dinosaur bash!

I wrote this the other night and shared it on facebook, but I'm going to share it here as well so that I can read it to Sawyer when he's older.

Little Man- I'm feeling sad and nostalgic tonight. You're growing so fast and I can't keep up.
I was exhausted tonight when I nursed you to sleep and was hoping you would fall asleep quickly. But then you grabbed my finger and held on and it hit me like a ton of bricks that one day your hands will be bigger than mine.
I wonder what they'll be like, your hands?
Will the fingertips be rough and calloused because you play guitar like your daddy? Or will they be stained with paint, strong from building, or covered in flour because you bake like your mama?
Before I know it you won't need me to brush your hair out of your eyes, cut up your food, or rock you to sleep. And for some crazy reason, I was trying to rush you tonight.
There are moments when I have to stop and remind myself of that. I'm not perfect, far from it. Sometimes I get tired and aggravated and wish that you would just go to sleep.
Like tonight.
But then you hold my finger, snuggle in close, and nothing else matters. I would hold you all night (and I have, many times) if that's what you needed me to do.
You will never be an inconvenience to me.
I love being your mama.
You've been sleeping in your crib for 3 nights now and I already miss having your little body curled up next to mine. Those little sighs you make when you drift off and how your head fits perfectly under my chin- I want to bottle those things up and hold on to them forever.
So go ahead and take your time, little man. I won't rush you. I'll be right here, even when your hands are bigger than mine.



 photo casa-sig_zps65cf4dc9.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment