Image Map

Sunday, September 20, 2015

What Sawyer's Eating: Avocado & Coconut Milk Popsicles

Little man loves avocado. It was the first food we gave him when he started solids and it's still one of his favorites. I was at Kroger this morning and saw that they had popsicle molds on sale (BOGO!) and decided that I would try my hand at making a healthy popsicle for him.



These are super simple- the prep time is only about 5 minutes! My plan was to just do avocado and coconut milk, but at the last minute I tossed in some spinach, because why not? These popsicles aren't very sweet, but I like it that way. I don't think he needs tons of sweets at this point in his life. If your baby is over one, you could add in some honey. You could also add in some banana as well, if you wanted.

If you don't have popsicle molds, you can pour the mixture into ice cube trays and serve in a mesh feeder.

Ingredients:

2 Avocados
1 cup of coconut milk
handful of spinach

Combine everything in a blender or food processor and blend until combined. Fill molds and freeze! Easy as that! This made 12 popsicles in the molds I had.

Warning! When you fill your molds be super careful. I pushed the handle into the mold too hard and spilled an entire tray all over my floor.

These guys are super messy, but my little man went crazy for them! I think they felt good on his gums!





 photo casa-sig_zps65cf4dc9.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment