Image Map

Friday, September 18, 2015

What Sawyer's Eating: Baked Sweet Potato Pancakes

I'm not sure that I should even classify these as baby/toddler food. They are so good and I had to keep myself from eating all of them!



Sawyer has pretty much stopped eating pureés at this point. I still make him some fruit ones to eat with his yogurt, but for the most part he eats whatever we eat. I like to have some homemade finger foods on hand for snacks and lunch, though. One of our favorite side dishes is roasted sweet potatoes mashed with parmesan cheese, garlic, and spinach. Since I wanted something that Sawyer could feed himself, I figured that I could take my recipe and turn it into a pancake for him to pick up. Sawyer loves sweet potatoes and garlic, and I love sneaking in spinach, so these are right up both our alleys.

These pancakes (or puffs, whatever you want to call them!) are super simple and quick to make! You only need 4 ingredients- sweet potatoes, spinach, parmesan, and garlic. If you are dairy free, these will still work without the parmesan cheese.

I gave him these for dinner along with homemade veggie soup and he gobbled them up!

Ingredients:

2-3 small sweet potatoes (enough to equal 2 cups mashed)
1 clove garlic, minced
1 large handful of spinach, cut thinly
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
Pinch of thyme
olive oil

Preheat oven to 350*.

Prick the sweet potatoes with a fork and microwave until soft. You can also bake them in the oven, but I didn't have that much time.
While the potatoes are cooking, heat the olive oil in a pan. Add garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes over medium heat. Add spinach and cook until wilted- about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
Once the potatoes are cooked, slice them in half and scoop the potato into a bowl. Add cheese, spinach and garlic mixture, and a pinch of thyme.
I scooped everything into a ziplock bag, cut the tip off, and piped the mixture onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. You can also just scoop it out with a spoon if you don't feel like piping. I think piping makes it go a little faster, though.

Bake for 20 minutes, let cool, and enjoy!





 photo casa-sig_zps65cf4dc9.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment