Image Map

Monday, November 23, 2015

What Sawyer's Eating: Pancakes 5 ways (grain, dairy, & gluten free)

We try to stay as close to gluten and grain free as possible. Sawyer isn't allergic, but it's much healthier for him (and us)! That's not to say that he never gets oats or rice, but if there's a way to make something without a bunch of gluten then I usually do it.

These pancakes are so simple and there are so many different combinations that you can do. I'm going to show you the few that I have been alternating here for Sawyer's breakfast. Most of them start with the same base (egg and banana) and then I change up what I add to it.

Here are the ingredients that I choose from (again, sorry for the crappy phone pic):


*almond butter
*peanut butter
*egg
*banana
*sweet potato
*canned pumpkin

Combination 1:
Pumpkin Spice

1 egg
1 banana, mashed
2 tbsp canned pumpkin
pinch of pumpkin pie spice

Combination 2:
Sweet Potato & Nut Butter

1/2 a small baked sweet potato
1 tbsp almond or peanut butter
1 egg
pinch cinnamon

Combination #3:
Banana

1 banana, mashed
2 eggs
1/2 tsp baking soda
* you can add blueberries to this one as well!

Combination #4:
Peanut Butter Banana

1 banana, mashed
1 egg
1 tbsp peanut butter

Combination 5:
Almond Butter & Banana

1 banana, mashed
1 egg
1 tbsp almond butter

For all combinations, simply mix the ingredients and cook. I prefer to cook mine in coconut oil. Again, the possibilities for combinations are pretty endless. You could also substitute applesauce for the eggs and avocado for the bananas, but I haven't tried those yet.

Sawyer loves these topped with plain greek yogurt. I have another recipe I will share in a day or two for Apple Pumpkin dip- he loves to have it on top of these pancakes as well!



 photo casa-sig_zps65cf4dc9.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment