Image Map

Monday, February 15, 2016

What Sawyer's Eating: Pumpkin Almond Butter muffins (grain & dairy free!)

So Sawyer's new favorite word is "cookie." And while I'm fine with him having cookies every now and then, I needed to figure out something that could stand in as a "cookie" when he's standing at the pantry crying, "Cookie, pwease!" I decided to play around with my 3 ingredient pancake recipe, and came up with these muffins!



Pumpkin Almond Butter Muffins

Ingredients:

2/3 cup almond butter (or nut/seed butter of your choice)
1/2 cup of pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
2 eggs
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (You can sub about 1/4 tsp of nutmeg)
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp honey or maple syrup (optional)

*Preheat oven to 350*

In a small mixing bowl, combine almond butter, pumpkin, honey, and eggs. If your almond butter is hard to stir, you can heat it in the microwave prior to mixing it into the other ingredients.
Stir in the spices and divide batter evenly in muffin cups. I filled mine about 3/4 of the way full.

Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

This made about 8 muffins. I froze them and cook them for about 30 seconds when Sawyer wants a "cookie."

They were such a hit- He kept trying to swipe them as I was photographing them! This photo isn't focused and the lighting is awful, but I couldn't miss those little fingers reaching for one!



 photo casa-sig_zps65cf4dc9.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment