Image Map

Monday, May 19, 2014

17 weeks!

Baby Crossen is 17 weeks today! This past week has been crazy. We've had some high points and low points this week, but ultimately things have turned out ok. Thursday I had to go to Labor & Delivery triage for some crazy pains that had been sticking around for 2 days. It turns out that it was a UTI, so that was annoying but a major relief that it wasn't anything serious. Then the fun continued Sunday morning when I woke up and (TMI ahead) noticed a lot of bleeding, which had never happened before. I can honestly say I have never been more terrified in my life. In the 15 minutes it took to get to the hospital, every awful thought imaginable had gone through my head. After seeing the doctor, they determined that it was a side effect from the UTI and that baby was fine. Hearing that little heartbeat and seeing it on the monitor was such a relief.
I know that prior to Sunday, I loved and cared about our baby...but I don't think I realized just how much I loved it until I thought something might have happened. I am so thankful everything is ok and baby is healthy!
Later that afternoon, we headed to our appointment at Baby Belly to see if we could find out if Baby C was a girl or boy. That place is AMAZING. We got to watch Baby C for about 15 minutes. He/She was moving all over the place...Wiggling fingers, kicking, flipping on his/her belly. It was so much fun to watch! Baby cooperated and we now know if we are having a baby girl or a baby boy! Stay tuned for June 1st and our gender reveal!!
How far along? 17 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Still no weight gain, despite all the cake pops and doughnuts. The doctor says this should pick up soon though!
Stretch marks? Nope. Using this Mustela lotion that I have read rave reviews about. We'll see if it's worth it!
Sleep: Sleep is actually much better, although getting up to pee is super annoying!
Best moment this week: Finding out if we are having a son or daughter!
Miss Anything? Being able to carry heavy things. I tried to buy cat litter today, but couldn't lift the 37 pound bucket.
Food cravings: Still the same. Chocolate doughnuts, chocolate ice cream, cake pops. Lemonade too, but it gives me terrible heartburn!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not so much anymore. Still can't eat eggs or chicken.
Have you started to show yet: Yep. I have a pretty big belly now!
Gender prediction: No more predictions! Find out June 1st!
Aches & Pains: Hello, tailbone pain! Apparently sciatic nerve pain is a big pregnancy thing. Yay.
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Neither. Just exhausted.
Weekly Wisdom: Don't take anything for granted. Be grateful.
Looking forward to: Our gender reveal party!
Ok, so now the big question! What do you guys think Baby Crossen is??

 photo casa-sig_zps65cf4dc9.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment