Image Map

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

37 Weeks!!

Baby Crossen is 37 weeks this week! We had our ultrasound last Friday and we found out that "little" man is not so little. He is measuring 8lbs, although the ultrasound can be a pound or so off either way. The ultrasound tech said that he's a large baby in general, not just in regards to weight. It definitely makes me a little worried about the natural birth that we're wanting, but I know that I can do it. The tech also says he has a ton of hair. She's the third tech to say that, so we'll see! I can't wait to see what he looks like!
The Braxton-Hicks contractions have been insane the last two days. They were happening so often that I was convinced I was about to go in to labor. My OB says that I'm a little over 2cm dilated, but not in actual labor. I'm hoping that what everyone says is true and that I'll know when things get real!
The baby is no longer breech, which is a big relief! Although now his favorite thing to do is stick his little feet in my ribs!
My last day at UK was yesterday, so I'm enjoying having some time off to get all these last minute things finished. My mom came over Sunday and helped me deep clean our house. I don't know what I would do without her! I spent today cooking all kinds of stuff to stock the freezer so that I don't have to worry about cooking once he gets here.
We had our hospital tour tonight. It was definitely a little scary walking around thinking that we're going to be there sometime within the next 3 weeks. I'm so excited about meeting this little boy, but I'm so scared/nervous too. I like being in control and I like to know what's going to happen, and neither of those things applies to birth!

How far along? 37 weeks, 1 day.
Total weight gain/loss: Not sure, I think I'm around the 30lb mark.
Stretch marks? No new ones, which is a huge surprise.
Sleep: Restless legs, braxton hicks, and a wiggly baby make sleep nearly impossible.
Best moment this week: Seeing the 3D ultrasound of our baby! He has super chubby cheeks and these pouty lips. He was very cranky because the tech kept waking him up!
Miss Anything? Sleep. Being able to stand on my feet for more than a few minutes before they start to hurt. Breathing. The list goes on!
Food cravings: I'm not really craving anything at the moment, but I'm loving Fuji apples and blueberry granola bars right now.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really.
Worst moment this week: Learning that baby boy could be really big, so naturally I start thinking worst case scenario and have convinced myself that he'll be 12lbs and I'll end up with a c-section.
Labor Signs: 2 cm dilated and Braxton-Hicks like crazy!
Aches & Pains: Again, the B/Hicks. Also leg cramps and back aches.
Wedding rings on or off? On, but I'm about to take them off because my fingers are swollen.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Irritated. Nervous. Happy & Excited.
Weekly Wisdom: There's no one like your mama! I'm so thankful for all her help!!
Looking forward to: Just counting down the days until we meet our little boy!


 photo casa-sig_zps65cf4dc9.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment