Image Map

Monday, November 16, 2015

What Sawyer's Eating: Peach, Mango, Banana, & Spinach Smoothie

My little man has been sick for almost 3 weeks now. He had a cold that developed into pneumonia. He took antibiotics and was better for about 2 days and is now sick again. Coughing, sore throat, super congested, and a fever. He is normally a fantastic eater, but these days it's hit or miss depending on how he's feeling.

On days that he doesn't eat much, I make him a smoothie. It's an easy way to get something nutritious in him!



Today's smoothie was a mix of what I had on hand in the freezer. I always try to keep some sliced bananas in the freezer for this very reason! They are pretty potent, so I don't add many. This recipe made enough for Sawyer and me both.

Ingredients:

1/4 of a frozen banana
2-3 frozen peach slices
3 frozen mango chunks
handful of spinach leaves
1/2-1 cup almond milk (I tend to make these pretty runny so that Sawyer can drink them through a straw- adjust for your own taste)
I add everything to the blender and pulse until it reaches the consistency I want! So easy!



 photo casa-sig_zps65cf4dc9.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment